The coffee is on! The best coffee craze is happening right now, and it’s called the cafe. It’s not limited to just cafes, but also offices, homes, and pretty much every other place you can imagine. This article will give you the low-down on what makes a good coffee maker for a new commercial establishment. This includes all the information on each type of coffee maker.
There are plenty of coffee machines available. Some are simple, while others are intricate and complicated. It’s your job to find the best coffee maker for your new coffee shop. Whether you’re looking for a traditional drip coffee maker or something with a little more flair, we’ve got you covered. The information in this article will help you decide which type of coffee maker is right for your establishment.
What Makes the Best Coffee Maker?
Investing in an excellent coffee machine can be very beneficial to your coffee shop. There are many things to consider, and it will be up to you to make the best decision for your establishment. You will need to decide what type of coffee you want and the cost of each type. Most people want a cheap machine from a reputable manufacturer. But as you can probably guess, there are more options than you’ll probably be able to afford.
A commercial coffee maker needs to be very durable. People will be using it all day long and may even be rough with these machines. You will need a little bit of extra money for maintenance and to repair.
Another essential thing to consider is speed and quality. Most people are in a hurry when they’re at the coffee shop, so you need your machine to be quick and efficient. You don’t want the person in front of you waiting because your coffee machine is taking too long.
How to Choose Coffee Makers for Your Coffee Shop?
There are many types of coffee makers available on the market. You will need to decide what kind of taste you want and how much money you’re willing to spend. If you do your research, you can find some great deals and great products. There are a few things that you should consider before buying any coffee maker:
1) Brew Strength
This is the amount of coffee you are brewing. There are three levels of strength available: 1, 2, and 3. Some machines will have two and sometimes even three levels of strength for the same price. You can use different strengths to create a variety of different types of coffee. The Brewing times of a machine also carry an essential role in providing hot coffee in quick time.
The price and quality can be very similar. The difference of cost is usually found in the durability and quality of the machine. These aspects will help you figure the price you set for each cup of coffee you sell at your shop.
How well does the coffee maker function? You need a product that can make quality coffee drinks and do it quickly. If you have a few different types of coffee, you’ll need something that can accommodate a variety of options. You will want to make sure the machine is very easy to use as well.
3) Coffee Making Capacity
How much coffee can your machine produce? This is important because not all machines are available in all sizes. So, you need to decide how much coffee you need and buy a machine that will meet your needs.
You may want to buy a more expensive machine if it can make more significant volumes of coffee than your current machine.
The unit you purchase should have a good construction. Many different brands get negative feedback about their durability. Based on many reviews, some drip machines have too much plastic or not enough metal in their construction, which can cause problems over time. The most common problem is the breaking of plastic parts.
When deciding on the price of a coffee maker, you will need to consider a few different things. The first is how soon you’ll be able to sell your coffee maker. It’s better to buy an affordable coffee maker than an expensive one that you will need to replace in a short time.
The second thing you need to consider is how often you will be using the coffee maker. If you are considering it for your home, it should last many years, but if it is for a small business, you may need something that can withstand for more use. Based on long-term usage for your coffee shop, an affordable but durable coffee maker is the best investment.
Types of Commercial Coffee Makers
Now that we’ve discussed the best commercial coffee makers, you’re probably eager to know what type we recommend.
Countertop models are perfect for smaller businesses because they take up less space and are easier to store. However, their lack of versatility can make them less suitable for large companies.
There are two main types of coffee makers automatic coffee makers, commercial espresso machines and commercial pour-over coffee makers. Each has its specs and features that make them suitable for your coffee shop.
1) Automatic Coffee Maker Machines
- These machines are used in both smaller coffee shops and houses.
- They are durable and simple to use.
- Automatic coffee machines provide different flavors, from standard to sweet.
- Another great feature of these machines is that they can create many different types of coffee with the same machine.
- The features of these coffee makers are a definite plus.
- They are easy to use, provide great flavor, and can make various coffee types. Most automatic coffee makers can make a lot of coffee at once.
- One drawback is that these machines are costly and may not be affordable for everybody. Some models have high prices but have a lot of plastic, making them less durable than models with more metal in the construction.
- This type of machine is most suitable for family fun times, gatherings, or in a small coffee shop. The capacity of cups it can produce is usually around 12.
– Easy to use.
– Provides good and consistent flavor.
– Has a large capacity.
– It may not be proficient for bigger volumes of coffee.
– May be too expensive for small business owners.
– Other types of coffee machines are more suitable for larger businesses or the home.
2) Commercial Espresso Machine
- These machines are designed to make excellent espressos and lattes.
- These often require more skill than automatic coffee makers.
- They are more expensive than automatic models but often have better taste.
- These usually have an excellent handle on the side for easy pouring.
- Espresso machines are also very durable, so you can use them without worrying about anything breaking down.
- These coffee machines offer greater control and selection over other types. They allow you to adjust sizes of shots, temperatures, and other essential features to make great coffee.
- High-end espresso machines also offer different flavor options for coffee lovers, such as cappuccinos, mochaccinos and Americanos.
- You can purchase a machine that makes special drinks or a machine that only makes Americanos and lattes.
– Efficient and effective coffee making
– Many different options
– Easy to use and clean
– Has a variety of special flavor options
– Expensive machine for a smaller business or home.
– Some models with premium features aren’t suitable for small businesses.
– May rack up electricity bills.
3) Commercial Pour-Over Coffee Makers
- These machines are used in cafes, restaurants, and offices.
- They are more versatile than any other type of coffee maker and can be used for several different types of coffee.
- This makes it easier to use them at a variety of different locations.
- This kind of machine is excellent as it offers great-tasting coffee for the price.
- It is also easy to clean and transport and can come with removable parts to make the process easier.
- Although this type of coffee maker doesn’t offer any fancy features, it does give you what you need for fine coffee brewing.
- It’s one of the best commercial coffee makers available for your business. Because these machines are made by hand, they are usually more affordable than automatic models.
– Great selection over different types of coffee
– Easy to use
– Well designed
– Affordable and durable
– Not as many options in the machine as automatic or commercial espresso machines.
– The main drawback with this type of machine is that specialty coffees aren’t always available at a small business. Coffee shops or restaurants often have limited options for special coffee beans, making these machines less suitable for some types of businesses.
Coffee Makers for Your Coffee Shop
In the process of deciding on a coffee maker for your business, the type and model you pick will determine just how efficient and effective your coffee brewing process will be. If you choose an automatic machine, there is no need to worry about making coffee with beans. We all know that when we grind fresh beans and brew a cup of coffee, it can take some time. But when you’re choosing an automatic machine, this isn’t necessary. Automatic machines make it possible to save time and money. They are easy to use because there is no need for a coffee grinder or beans. You’ll have better control over the taste of the coffee, too, since you’ll know exactly how long you brew the coffee. If you prefer to make coffee with beans instead, then we recommend that you choose a commercial espresso machine for your small business. If you want something simple and suitable for your business, an automatic machine will work best.
Here are some models you can use in your coffee shop:
1) Cuisinart 14-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- This model offers a great choice of different features so you can enjoy the perfect cup of coffee.
- It is designed for easy brewing, which means that you won’t have to adjust anything at any time.
- It also has an elegant design and dishwasher-friendly base.
- The price of this coffee maker is also very affordable.
- There are many features that this model has to offer, so you’ll be able to make coffee as you want to.
- There are adjustable brew temperatures, time settings, and an automatic shut-off function.
- It has a removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
- Most people tend to use this model for their homes rather than for their business. This is because it isn’t a vast capacity machine and doesn’t offer a selection of coffee flavors.
2) Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker
- This is another tremendous automatic machine that offers a lot of different features.
- The Ninja Coffee Bar is made out of stainless steel and has a unique design that will complement any modern kitchen.
- It has many different settings and allows you to create delicious specialty coffee drinks.
- The specialty feature here is the Froth blender.
- This will help you automatically make milk drinks like lattes and cappuccinos without purchasing an expensive milk steamer.
- This machine won’t require any time spent on grinding beans, so you can save some time and money.
- It also has a simple timer to set it up to make coffee at the exact time that you want.
- Overall this is an excellent machine for making coffee, but it isn’t one of the best commercial coffee makers in the market.
3) Bunn 37600.0002 Icb-Twin Dual Infusion Coffee Brewer
- This is a fantastic machine that will keep your coffee hot for several hours.
- Due to its unique design and special features, you’ll get delicious coffees every time.
- It features a digital control panel that allows you to choose how many cups to make.
- You can also set up a timer so that it will brew when you want it to.
- This multi-functional machine lets you choose brewing type, brew time settings, settings for brew temperature, and what kind of brew strength you want.
- It has a removable brew basket so you can clean it easily and quickly. Since it is automatic, you won’t have to worry about grinding beans or measuring out water.
- This coffee maker also comes with a paperless filter, so no more disposable filters to deal with. You’ll also be able to know when to change the water filter so that you will continue to enjoy delicious coffee.
4) Bunn Bunn RTF-0004 RTF Automatic Coffee Brewer
- This machine is the perfect option for people who want more controls than an automatic machine.
- It is very easy to use and won’t require any time spent on grinding beans or measuring water.
- It has a removable brew basket which means that it is very easy to clean.
- You can also choose what type of carafe and glass that you want with this drip coffee maker.
- The one-touch operation is designed to keep your coffee hot for as long as possible.
- This is a very well-made machine, and it has some great features. However, it doesn’t have a large capacity for storing hot water.
5) Keurig k55 My K-Cup 2.0 Brewer With Breakfast Bundle
- This machine offers a lot of different features that you may find helpful in your coffee shop business.
- It has a compact design, and it is very easy to use.
- Customers can use this machine to prepare their favorite coffee drinks, and you can also save money using this machine.
- The My K-Cup technology is designed for you to be able to use your coffee grounds.
- This will help you save money as it comes with reusable K-Cups that will give you a fresh cup of coffee every time.
- You can choose from a variety of coffee flavors depending on your personal preferences.
- This machine also makes it possible to use your favorite K-Cups, and you can trust the quality of the coffee because it has a patented process that will keep out any impurities.
- There is also an easy-to-use feature on this machine that allows you to easily brew and store your coffee if needed.
In the end, the machines mentioned above are some of the best commercial coffee makers that you can buy. They come in various designs and have different features that will allow you to enjoy your favorite coffee drinks. Choosing the best one is merely a matter of thinking about what you need for your business and how you will use it.