It is possible to put a coffee maker on top of a microwave without causing damage. However, it isn’t effortless. Many coffee drinkers tend to put their machines on microwaves which have their pros and cons. This article will relate the facts and factors of placing a coffee dispenser on a microwave oven.
Can You Keep Your Coffee Maker On Top Of A Microwave?
Using the tools to their full potential is essential. Some people put their coffee makers on top of microwaves for many different reasons. At times, the damage that this action can cause is severe and should not be overlooked. However, the most important thing to remember is not to place anything on top of a microwave that will damage it.
By the looks of it, even if the microwave is perfectly fine, remember that something can always go wrong as both are electrical appliances. On the other hand, putting the coffee maker on a glass surface is better since it won’t make any scratches. However, always remember to place the coffee maker on a flat surface.
You can place the coffee machine on a vented microwave oven as this is a very effective method of keeping the appliance safe from damage. In addition, the coffee maker won’t overheat.
Types Of Microwaves For Coffee Maker Placement
There are certain microwaves on which people can place coffee brewers. Most microwaves have glass tops that are capable of supporting electric appliances. They are crack and rupture-resistant.
BEST COFFEE MAKER
|TopTop||Cuisinart||Cuisinart SS-15P1 Coffee Center 12-Cup Coffeemaker and Single-Serve Brewer, Silver||Buy Now|
|Top||Cuisinart||Cuisinart DCC-3000P1 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker Coffeemaker, Black||Buy Now|
|Top||Ninja||Ninja 10-Cup Specialty Coffee Maker, with 50 Oz Glass Carafe, Stainless Steel||Buy Now|
Others are free-standing microwaves and wall-mounted ones. The wall-mounted appliances will not allow placing things on top as it can cause malfunctioning.
Certain microwaves can withstand the spillage of liquids on them. Mostly, these microwaves are made with metal tops that can handle steam too. Another type of microwave is the under the cabinet microwave. It is beneficial since it can prevent the danger of overheating and chances of damage.
Additionally, use a programmable coffee maker to prevent further spillage of coffee. This way, you can remain safe from any damage and can enjoy your coffee as well.
Outcomes Of A Damaged Coffee Maker On Microwaves
There are different types of damage that a coffee maker can cause to a microwave oven. They are as follows:
Coffee splashes that land on a microwave can cause scuffing. The size of the scuffs can vary from minute to huge, depending on the size of the coffee maker. The scuffs, however, are regarded as minor damage that need not be taken seriously.
A chemical reaction that occurs on the surface of a microwave due to corrosion or overheating can cause a blister. The blister is very similar to a bubble that forms on your skin when it gets burned and changes its color to white. High-temperature control settings of various coffee makers can avoid these blisters. Such cosmetic damage to your microwave is not easily recoverable.
If large amounts of spillage from a coffee maker occur over a microwave, it can cause a short circuit that will lead to a minor blast or burnt wirings. Because of this factor, people are cautioned about using a coffee maker on the same kitchen counter that they use for food preparation. These machines are usually designed to be used with ranges or other countertops dedicated to cooking or food preparation.
Electrical damage can lead to fire inside the microwave. A power board malfunction near the microwave or a coffee maker with a short fuse can lead to a flame breakout. The fuse in most coffee makers is designed for small amounts of power, and if an accident occurs, it will most likely blow out, causing a fire. Additionally, if the coffee maker has an inferior heating element, it can also cause flammability.
If the coffee maker becomes too hot, it can cause the internal fan to malfunction. This causes the appliance to overheat and shut down. To prevent this from happening, you should place a vented coffee maker on top of your microwave. These venting holes allow for an optimal flow of air into and out of your coffee maker, which will help regulate the heat inside.
Points To Remember When Placing A Coffee Dispenser On A Microwave
There are several things that people need to take into consideration to put their coffee maker on top of the microwave safely and efficiently:
- Be careful not to place the coffee maker on top of the microwave while making any coffee.
- Try to leave enough space between the coffee maker and the rim of the microwave for it to fit inside.
- Avoid using the coffee maker, which has power cords running through it on top of a microwave, as it will probably short circuit or burn out.
- Make sure to remove the coffee maker from the microwave while cleaning it.
- Be careful not to put too much weight on top of a coffee maker.
- Be wary of unintentional microwave door damage and any damage caused by spillage from the coffee maker.
- Wooden handles are not recommended because they tend to get easily damaged due to their weak structure on the microwave. Plastic handles are usually more durable but need to be handled with care as they can break if someone pulls them too hard.
Factors To Consider Before Placing Coffee Makers On Microwaves
Consider some factors about the coffee maker before putting it on top of a microwave. These factors include:
Weight Of The Coffee Maker
A microwave can withstand different amounts of weight. It is likely for the microwave to have a rough time heating and cooking the food properly if it carries too much weight on top of it. In addition, different types of coffee makers will have various quantities of weight due to the coffee beans and their grounds.
Size Of The Coffee Maker
A small coffee maker will fit on top of a small microwave, but a large coffee maker will not fit unless you use an adapter or other accessories to widen the space. However, keeping larger coffee makers on the coffee maker is not a good idea because it is not convenient to have a bigger piece of kitchenware on top of a microwave.
Type Of Handle
If you are using a coffee maker with a wide enough handle, placing it on top of your microwave will be much easier and more convenient. The handle allows people to easily lift the coffee maker off of the microwave without any trouble.
The Type Of Coffee Maker
Not all coffee makers are meant to be placed on top of a microwave as each coffee maker’s capacity, features, and power consumption is different. It is best to read the instruction manual before purchasing the coffee maker if you are planning to place it on top of a microwave.
Flammability Of Coffee Makers
Some coffee makers are less flammable than others. People must use coffee makers with low flammability features to prevent any fire hazard that can damage their equipment.
The coffee maker produces hot air in front of it, but it may be hot enough to damage the microwave. Therefore, make sure that there is proper airflow for a coffee maker to work efficiently.
Cleaning The Coffee Maker
If you put a coffee maker on top of a microwave, make sure that you remove it from the microwave before cleaning the coffee maker. Removing the coffee maker will prevent any unintentional damage to your microwave caused by spillage or dust particles from the inner mechanisms of the coffee maker.
Ways To Place A Coffee Maker On Top Of A Microwave
The coffee maker can be placed at the top of a microwave in five ways:
1) Place a coffee maker on a tabletop; this is the most common way of placing a coffee maker on top of a microwave. The tabletop should be wide enough for the coffee maker to have enough room to fit inside the microwave.
2) The second method uses a solid microwave door or cover as a platform for the coffee maker, which is very similar to the first method. Still, instead of placing it on a tabletop, the coffee maker uses the solid microwave door as a platform. This is usually the best way to avoid any electrical problems because it ensures that there will be an adequate amount of space between the two appliances.
3) The third method is to place an extension handle just beneath the microwave’s roof. This method allows placing the coffee maker on top of it without bumping into the walls. Measure the length of the coffee maker and set the extension handle so that it reaches in front of where you want to place the coffee maker.
4) The final method is to place a universal plastic adaptor on top of the microwave. This adapter will make it possible to put any coffee maker on top of your microwave quickly.
The universal plastic adaptor, however, is not very durable. It can easily break with regular use, so it may be a good idea to take the coffee maker off the glass door after cleaning it thoroughly.
5) Another solution to keeping a coffee maker safe from damage is to use a microwave plate. This particular plate helps circulate the heat that comes from the coffee maker. This is the perfect solution for those who want to keep their coffee maker on top of the microwave.
Benefits Of Keeping Coffee Makers On A Microwave
There are several benefits that people can gain from placing a coffee maker on top of their microwaves.
1) It saves counter space and is very convenient for those who have a limited area.
2) It will be easier to watch the boiling process of water and check the color of the coffee grounds. Water filters provide further help with this as well.
3) It avoids any possible accidents that might happen when having an appliance on a countertop, such as a child bumping into it or someone tripping over it.
Q: How do we clean the inside of our coffee maker when it is on a microwave?
A: To clean the inside of your coffee maker, remove it from the microwave and use a small brush to clean it. Never clean the coffee maker when it is placed on top of a microwave as it can cause malfunctioning.
Q: Can I place a percolator on top of a microwave?
A: Once you are done using the coffee pot, it is best to remove it from the microwave and put it in the sink. If you choose to leave it on the microwave, pay special attention to any glass parts that the heat can damage.
Q: Can I put metal containers in my microwave oven?
A: Metal containers such as coffee makers, kettles, and other appliances should never be placed on top of a microwave, especially electric ones. Metal can cause electrical problems, which can lead to a fire.
Placing a coffee machine on top of a microwave oven does not seem like a good idea; however, it has its benefits. It can help people save counter space, keep the coffee warmer and away from the reach of children.
Hope this article was informational and relevant to your reading time. Good Day!