Many people enjoy having a cup of coffee in the morning or any time of the day. Coffee can be both refreshing and wake you up, but it can also have a few downsides. One downside that many people hear about is acidity in coffee; this refers to an excess amount of acidity in your stomach after consuming too much coffee. This article will reduce the acidity of eggshells which are often thrown away when making eggs for breakfast.
What Is Acidity?
When we drink carbonated drinks, what we are drinking is cold water with dissolved gas bubbles. Carbon dioxide gas is dissolved in water when the drinks are fermented in bottles at high pressure, and the gas will be released when we open the bottle. When our stomach digests food, gastric juices containing hydrochloric acid and other enzymes will digest food. The digestion of food produces gastric juice, and the strong acidity can dissolve our teeth’ enamel if not buffered by a base that can neutralize it. There is acidity in coffee, too, whether it’s Decaf or regular.
How Do Eggshells Reduce Acidity In Coffee?
Eggshells are made from the outer layers of the egg, and these layers contain calcium carbonate. The calcite in eggshells will help neutralize the acidity that arises when our stomach digests food. Once dissolved in water, it will mimic the gastric juice produced by our stomach, and it will dissolve the enamel on teeth. When the acidity has dissolved enamel on teeth, our teeth not only get uncomfortable but can also make you more sensitive to food immediately after eating. Eggshells can reduce a large amount of acid in coffee, and it has many benefits.
The Solution To Reduce Acidity From Coffee:
It is effortless for you to carry eggshells in the morning with your eggs. It helps in decreasing acid in coffee with a simple process. You just need a spoon and some water:
- Pour some hot water into the eggshells and wait for them to soak some water.
- It is time for you to strain them by pouring out most of the water.
- You can try to drink the eggshell water by giving it a try with some hot coffee.
Steps To Use Eggshells In Coffee:
- Pour the eggshell powder into your coffee grinder and grind it up until it is relatively okay.
- Make coffee as usual, but add ground coffee to the eggshell powder in whatever ratio you prefer. The more eggshell powder you add, the less acidic coffee there will be.
- Always remember to filter out the ground eggshells before enjoying your cup of coffee.
- In this way, you can use eggshells in coffee in a very effective way.
Other Potential Health Effects Of Coffee:
- Coffee lowers your blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels and increase the availability of nitric oxide, which helps blood vessels relax.
- Coffee is a powerful antioxidant that can reduce the risk of cancer, which is caused by the oxidation of cell membranes.
- Coffee consumption may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease due to the high level of antioxidants available in coffee.
- Coffee tends to reduce the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease, caused by an abnormal protein accumulation in brain cells.
- Light roast coffee contains antioxidants that can prevent heart problems.
- Coffee may help reduce the risk of certain cancers, which are caused by uncontrolled cell division.
What Are Some Best Types Of Coffees For Health:
- Bright coffees have a lot of antioxidants, which are known to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Dark roast coffees have high amounts of caffeine, which is very good for people who need extra energy and like strong coffee, but it has a bitter taste.
- Roasted Blends tend to be healthier than single origins due to their wide variety of flavors and the amount of caffeine they contain.
- Drip coffees can be healthy, too, due to their balanced source of caffeine, antioxidants, and the complex mixture of antioxidants found in different parts of the coffee bean.
- Good regular coffee should be low in sugar, which is unsuitable for people who already have blood sugar problems or are trying to lose weight.
Health Tips For Better Coffee Consumption:
BEST COFFEE MAKER
|TopTop||Cuisinart||Cuisinart SS-15P1 Coffee Center 12-Cup Coffeemaker and Single-Serve Brewer, Silver||Buy Now|
|Top||Cuisinart||Cuisinart DCC-3000P1 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker Coffeemaker, Black||Buy Now|
|Top||Ninja||Ninja 10-Cup Specialty Coffee Maker, with 50 Oz Glass Carafe, Stainless Steel||Buy Now|
- People who have high blood pressure should drink a cup of coffee in moderation and not consume too much caffeine.
- People with diabetes should also use caution when consuming coffee due to its high sugar content.
- It is suggested that people who are trying to lose weight should avoid drinking drip coffees with added cream, sugar, and flavors because the sugar content of those ingredients can throw off weight loss efforts.
- For health’s sake, stick to drink caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee. Research suggests that it is best not to drink instant cups of coffee.
- Try not to add any creamers, sugar, or flavorings to your coffee. These can be high in sugar and fat and things you should avoid if you lose weight.
Eggshells have an anti-acidity solid effect, and it is vital to add them to your coffee to reduce acidity in the stomach. Not only can eggshells neutralize the acid in the stomach, but also vanilla extract and fish oil supplements can do it too. So, you can always add these acids into your diet to help with any stomach problems you have.
Q: Is it safe to drink hot water after drinking coffee?
A: The answer is YES. It is safe to drink hot water after drinking coffee. However, you need to consume the right amount of coffee and don’t consume your usual amount, for it may make you a little nauseous. Drink less coffee on that day.
Q: Is it true that coffee doesn’t expire?
A: No. Coffee does expire. The expiration date of coffee is 3 to 6 months after the roast date. It is best to check the expiration date before you buy bags of coffee beans.
Q: Is there a good substitute for coffee?
A: Yes, decaffeinated tea is one of the best substitutes for coffee. You can also drink decaffeinated green tea, and it will taste better than drinking regular tea.
Q: How do you store coffee beans?
A: Coffee beans should be stored in an opaque, airtight container out of direct sunlight at room temperature.
Q: What type of water is best to use to make coffee?
A: The mineral content of the water can affect the taste and quality of the coffee, so it is best to use bottled mineral water.